FAQ - DVR-topA und @micA

Frequently asked questions about our products and our website
Antworten
Kimi
Programmierer

FAQ - DVR-topA und @micA

Beitrag von Kimi » 02.10.2005, 14:03

<a href='#14' target='_self'>Are there any limitations in functionality during trial period?</a>
<a href='#15' target='_self'>Do I get a different software when I purchase a full version?</a>
<a href='#30' target='_self'>Can I switch a removable harddisc (installed in a frame) during operations?</a>
<a href='#61' target='_self'>Can I use a harddisc-frame? </a>
<a href='#39' target='_self'>I only see in the preview window only a '?'</a>
<a href='#40' target='_self'>I only get a EURO sign in the preview window</a>
<a href='#41' target='_self'>I only get a microphone symbol in preview?</a>
<a href='#42' target='_self'>Does the software compress exported or demultiplexed recordings?</a>
<a href='#43' target='_self'>Which format is used to store the recordings on the receiver drive?</a>
<a href='#59' target='_self'>What bitrates are genereated upon exporting video and audio data? </a>
<a href='#44' target='_self'>Does DVR-topA / DVR-samA compress the exported movies? </a>
<a href='#45' target='_self'>Can I move my movies back from my PC to the receiver drive? </a>
<a href='#55' target='_self'>Are errors in the streams repaired by the software?</a>
<a href='#46' target='_self'>Will subtitles be exported as well? </a>
<a href='#49' target='_self'>What is the MPEG-TS format?</a>
<a href='#50' target='_self'>What is the MPEG-PS format?</a>
<a href='#51' target='_self'>What is the MPEG-ES format?</a>
<a href='#54' target='_self'>Can I edit and cut my movies - for example delete commercial breaks? </a>
<a href='#65' target='_self'>How does the DVR-Programs perform cuts?</a>

<a id='14'></a>:arrow: <b>Are there any limitations in functionality during trial period?</b>
No.

All functions are available for 30 days.

After this you have to purchase a license if you want to continue using the software.

<a id='15'></a>:arrow: <b>Do I get a different software when I purchase a full version?</b>
No.

Your existing installation of the software is activated through PIN and all limits are removed.

<a id='30'></a>:arrow: <b>Can I switch a removable harddisc (installed in a frame) during operations?</b>
No.
It must be recognized during boot-up by the Bios. You MUST shut down your computer completely before removing or inserting the harddisc.

Same for the receiver!

There is a workaround, though: if you use an external USB / Firewire-case connected to your PC via a USB / Firewire-Cable, then your computer will recognize the drive even with Windows running (Plug and Play). Usually, the frames use a little key to power on/off the harddisc in the frame and prevent removal during operations.

<a id='61'></a>:arrow: <b>Can I use a harddisc-frame? </b>
Yes - a very good choice which protects the connectors of harddisc and cables.
Insertion/extraction of the harddisc is very quick, you are able to use more than one harddisc.

<a id='39'></a>:arrow: <b>I only see in the preview window only a '?'</b>
The software will store the preview pictures and the exported data on your PC. The output directory can be chosen under Edit > Settings > Output directory.
Please make sure, enough space is available there. A high degree of fragmentation may also cause problems.
Please bear in mind, that exporting a standard movie already requires 2-4 GB free space!

<a id='40'></a>:arrow: <b>I only get a EURO sign in the preview window</b>
This indicates, that the recording is scrambled (encrypted) and was recorded from Pay-TV.
There is no way for our software to work with these files.

Tip: When using a Topfield TF4000 or TF5000 your can copy the recording on the receiver disk, while inserting the encryption card. This way the copy is stored unscrambled.

<a id='41'></a>:arrow: <b>I only get a microphone symbol in preview?</b>
This indicates, that this recording contains audio only (radio).

<a id='42'></a>:arrow: <b>Does the software compress exported or demultiplexed recordings?</b>
No.
Video and audio are stored exactly the same way they are stored on the receiver disk.

<a id='43'></a>:arrow: <b>Which format is used to store the recordings on the receiver drive?</b>
Recordings are stored as a socalled Transport Stream. It contains video, audio, EPG and sometimes subtitles - exactly the same data aired by the satellite

<a id='59'></a>:arrow: <b>What bitrates are genereated upon exporting video and audio data? </b>
Usually the video-bitrate is about 3-7 MBit/s and audio bitrate is 192 kBit/s.
Our Programs does not change or influence the bitrate, as it is transferred from the receiver drive.

<a id='44'></a>:arrow: <b>Does DVR-topA / DVR-samA compress the exported movies? </b>
No.

Our programs basically stores recordings the same way the are stored on the receiver's harddsic.
Compression to DivX or SVCD is possible with several Tools.

<a id='45'></a>:arrow: <b>Can I move my movies back from my PC to the receiver drive? </b>
Yes, if you have stored them with DVR-topA / DVR-samA as TS-raw data (.tts) on your PC. Use the Import/Export function in the File-menu. 

<a id='55'></a>:arrow: <b>Are errors in the streams repaired by the software?</b>
If there are invalid or missing audio packets, it is replaced by "silence".
Invalid video packets are left out, together with the corresponding audio packets. Video and audio stay in synch this way.

<a id='46'></a>:arrow: <b>Will subtitles be exported as well? </b>
No, only if the are part of the video. The program do not create a subtitle-file for further processing with DVD-authoring software.

<a id='49'></a>:arrow: <b>What is the MPEG-TS format?</b>
MPEG-Transport Stream:
The streams which are recorded by our receiver, contain different data.
These are video, maybe several audio tracks, videotext, subtitles, control packets and more.
Our software does not change anything within these different data, but it buts the into the right order for DVD-authoring.
Therefore there is no quality loss for video and audio, as they stay the same as the provider sent them and our software has no influence on them.
MPEG-PS Format (MPEG-Program Stream)
Do you use „Create MPEG File“ with DVR-Studio, these files are not suitable for DVD-authoring.
DVDs using this material may result in stuttering video and audio. MPG-files are only intended for playback on a PC. Best results are achieved using WinDVD, PowerDVD and RealOne Player.
Reasons: Most software using MPG-files for DVD authoring always re-encode or render the streams. This leads to quality loss and may also result in audio out of synch to video. Also this process takes hours. Consider using other software.

<a id='50'></a>:arrow: <b>What is the MPEG-PS format?</b>
The MPEG-PS format is a normal MPEG2 Film.
Do you use „Create MPEG File“ with DVR-Studio, these files are not suitable for DVD-authoring.
DVDs using this material may result in stuttering video and audio. MPG-files are only intended for playback on a PC. Best results are achieved using WinDVD, PowerDVD and RealOne Player.
Reasons: Most software using MPG-files for DVD authoring always re-encode or render the streams. This leads to quality loss and may also result in audio out of synch to video. Also this process takes hours. Consider using other software.

<a id='51'></a>:arrow: <b>What is the MPEG-ES format?</b>
MPEG-Elementary Streams:
If you want to author a DVD, we recommend to demultiplex your recording into MPEG-ES.
On our Homepage you can find <a href="http://www.haenlein-software.de/HS/inde ... #Anleitung" target="_blank">tutorials for DVD-Lab, IfoEdit and SpruceUp</a>.
They show step by step how to create DVDs.
The whole process takes about 1 hour, including burning. Most of the time is waiting for your PC.
The quality of your recordings will be the same on DVD as on your receiver.

<a id='54'></a>:arrow: <b>Can I edit and cut my movies - for example delete commercial breaks? </b>
Yes.
The software provides you with editing tools. Any cuts you defined there will not be stored to your PC upon export.
We also provide the option to delete them directly on your receiver drive.

<a id='65'></a>:arrow: <b>How does the DVR-Programs perform cuts?</b>
Currently, cuts are GOP-exact - this is one full frame of an MPEG-stream.

In PAL, this corresponds with 0.5 seconds.

If you want more infos click <a href="http://www.haenlein-software.de/Anleitu ... /90.htm#90" target="_blank">here</a>.
Antworten

Zurück zu „FAQs“