FAQ - DVR-Studio PRO and DVR-Studio

Frequently asked questions about our products and our website
Antworten
Kimi
Programmierer

FAQ - DVR-Studio PRO and DVR-Studio

Beitrag von Kimi » 02.10.2005, 14:04

This FAQ area ontains questions and answers related to DVR-Studio Pro and DVR-Studio. Lot of the questions regarding DVR-Studio are true for DVR-Studio Pro, too. Specific questions only affecting DVR-Studio Pro will be marked with a preceded PRO.

<a href='#40' target='_self'>Only a € icon is displayed at the preview window.</a>
<a href='#41' target='_self'>I only get a microphone sign in the preview window.</a>
<a href='#42' target='_self'>Does the DVR product compress exported recordings?</a>
<a href='#43' target='_self'>In which format are the recordings stored on the receiver?</a>
<a href='#44' target='_self'>What bitrate is used to store recordings on the receiver? </a>
<a href='#45' target='_self'>Does the product change the bitstream of exported video and audio files? </a>
<a href='#46' target='_self'>Can I resave my recordings to the receiver's harddisk? </a>
<a href='#47' target='_self'>Will errors in recordings be repaired by the software?</a>
<a href='#48' target='_self'>Will subtitles be exported as well? </a>

<a href='#49' target='_self'>Can I edit and cut my recordings - delete commercial breaks for example? </a>
<a href='#50' target='_self'>How accurately can I preform cuts?</a>
<a href='#51' target='_self'>Attention when using the features "Copy edited recording" / "Remove cuts in recording".</a>

<a href='#52' target='_self'>The cut preview of DVR-Studio Pro does not work when using the button [>].</a>
<a href='#53' target='_self'>How can I determine the software player I want DVR-Studio Pro to use for displaying cut previews?</a>
<a href='#54' target='_self'>PRO: The play-back of a created dvd on the computer using the [Play] button does not work.</a>
<a href='#55' target='_self'>PRO: How can I determine the software player I want DVR-Studio Pro to use for displaying accomplished recordings?</a>

Spezifische Fragen zum Brennvorgang (betrifft nur DVR-Studio Pro):

<a href='#500' target='_self'>PRO: I always get the error message "Could not open device".</a>
<a href='#501' target='_self'>PRO: Der eingelegte Rohling wird nicht erkannt.</a>
<a href='#502' target='_self'>PRO: Der DVD-Brenner wird nicht erkannt.</a>
<a href='#503' target='_self'>PRO: Nach dem Brennen lässt sich die DVD nicht auf meinem DVD-Player im Wohnzimmer abspielen.</a>
<a href='#504' target='_self'>PRO: Beim Abspielen der DVD zeigen sich mit zunehmender Laufzeit immer mehr grüne Artefakte im Bild.</a>
<a href='#505' target='_self'>PRO: Es wurde nichts auf den Rohling geschrieben (optische Kontrolle).</a>

<a id='40'></a>:arrow: <b>Only a € icon is displayed at the preview window.</b>
This sign will be indicated if the edited recording comes from a Pay TV broadcasting station and is still encrypted. All such recordings can not be processed by our products.

Tip: The TF4000 and TF5000/TF5500 can decode these recordings subsequently by playing and simultaneously recording them again.

<a id='41'></a>:arrow: <b>I only get a microphone sign in the preview window.</b>
This indicates, that this recording contains audio only (radio).

<a id='42'></a>:arrow: <b>Does the DVR product compress exported recordings?</b>
No.
In principle, it will store recordings exactly the same way they are stored on the receiver's harddisk.

<a id='43'></a>:arrow: <b>In which format are the recordings stored on the receiver?</b>
The recordings are stored as so-called transport streams. They contain video, audio, EPG and sometimes subtitles - exactly the same data aired by the satellite.

<a id='44'></a>:arrow: <b>What bitrate is used to store recordings on the receiver? </b>
The video bitrate is usually about 3-7 MBit/s and the audio bitrate 192 kBit/s.
Our software does not change or influence the bitrate given by the broadcasting station.

<a id='45'></a>:arrow: <b>Does the product change the bitstream of exported video and audio files? </b>
No.
The data will be taken over unalteredly as given by the boradcasting station.
However, the satellite stream contains a whole series of packets that are not required. These will simply be ignored at the editing process.
A subsequent compression to DivX or SVCD is possible with separate tools.

<a id='46'></a>:arrow: <b>Can I resave my recordings to the receiver's harddisk?</b>
This is possible for some receivers, however not by using DVR products but manufacturer-specific software.
Generally, only files in receiver-compliant formats can be resaved.
Please use the programme related to the receiver for transferring recordings to the receiver's harddisk. There might occur problems with some receivers like e.g. that cut recordings can not be performed anymore, will not not be recognized or will break off all at once.
In general, we advise against resaving cut recordings on devices.

<a id='47'></a>:arrow: <b>Will errors in recordings be repaired by the software?</b>
If there is an invalid or missing audio packet, it will be left out or replaced by "silence".
Invalid video packets are left out, together with the corresponding audio packets. Video and audio stay in synchronously this way.

<a id='48'></a>:arrow: <b>Will subtitles be exported as well? </b>
No, only if they are part of the video image. The product does not create any subtitle files.

<a id='49'></a>:arrow: <b>Can I edit and cut my recordings - delete commercial breaks for example? </b>
Yes.
Just define a cut area for each commercial break in the recording.
Afterwards, you can remove these cut areas from the original recording (original will be changed irreversibly; not recommended!) or create a recording's copy, demultiplexed files or a completed MPEG2 file (original remains unalteredly; recommended) as result.

<a id='50'></a>:arrow: <b>How accurately can I preform cuts?</b>
Our products work GOP-exact. The smallest cut range is 0,5 s in Pal.
For further explanations, please look <a href="http://www.haenlein-software.com/HS/dow ... /90.htm#90" target="_blank">here</a>.

<a id='51'></a>:arrow: <b>Attention when using the features "Copy edited recording" / "Remove cuts in recording".</b>
The files of a few recording formats of some receivers contain additional information. These would be moved and would not fit into the required pattern anymore (there exists a variety of them) when removing parts of the recording. This would result in the fact that recordings could not be opened anymore after resaving them on the receiver's harddisk or there would occur disturbances at least (e.g. with AVR files). Even if these cut files will be opened with DVR-Studio Pro again, disturbances might occur when processing at the latest.

It is not possible to cut source files with the following formats:
DS, DGS: Digenius/Grobi
HAV: Finepass, Handan and others

The results of source file cuts with this formats might contain occasional disturbancesr:
AVR: Arion, Eycos, others

According to present knowledge (Feb. 2007), there exist no problems with the formats mentioned beneath:
TS: Dreambox, generic transport stream recordings without additional header
TTS: Topfield TF4000
REC: Topfield TF5000, TF5500 and newer
VID: Humax 8000

For all other formats, we can not make any predictions.

In general, we strongly advise against cutting source material directly in order to process it later on; especially with cuts in the middle of a recording. We can not guarantee for any formats our products can handle that they will be displayed correctly on the receiver after resaving them on the receiver's harddisk.

The correct procedure when cutting is as follows: define the cuts within our product and call up the desired conversion function like DVD Wizard, MPEG file creation or demultiplexing at once.

A derestriction is not planned, not even long-term. The main purpose of our products is the conversion of recrodings into DVDs or MPEG files.

<a id='52'></a>:arrow: <b>The cut preview of DVR-Studio Pro does not work when using the button [>].</b>
  • 1. Open the directory containing the data of the cut previews by clicking on the button [Show temporary files] under "View | Settings.. | Other".
    2. Select one of the files named „preview0x00787A77.mpg“ (or similar) using the right mouse button and click on "Open with..." at the context menu.
    3. Choose the desired player out of the list being displayed afterwards or the corresponding .exe file using the command "Browse" in case the player should not be listed.
    Make sure the option „Always use the selected program to open this kind of file“ is activated.
If you have selected another player than the Windows Media Player but the preview is still being displayed by the Windows Media Player, start the Windows Media Player and open the register "File Types" under "Extras | Options". Check that the play-back of MPG files is really disabled and catch up on it if necessary.

<a id='53'></a>:arrow: <b>How can I determine the software player I want DVR-Studio Pro to use for displaying cut previews?</b>
  • 1. Play a cut preview and call up the directory containing the data of the cut previews by clicking on the button [Show temporary files] under "View | Settings.. | Other".
    2. Select one of the files named „preview0x00787A77.mpg“ (or similar) using the right mouse button and click on "Open with..." at the context menu.
    3. Choose the desired player out of the list being displayed afterwards or the corresponding .exe file using the command "Browse" in case the player should not be listed.
    Make sure the option „Always use the selected program to open this kind of file“ is activated.
If you have selected another player than the Windows Media Player but the preview is still being displayed by the Windows Media Player, start the Windows Media Player and open the register "File Types" under "Extras | Options". Check that the play-back of MPG files is really disabled and catch up on it if necessary.

<a id='54'></a>:arrow: <b>PRO: The play-back of a created dvd on the computer using the [Play] button does not work.</b>
The file types .VOB and .IFO are used for accomplished recordings. You may check if the processing has been successfully done by clicking on the green [Play] button on the DVD Wizard's last page. Therefore however, the option "Burn DVD" on the wizard's first page must have been enabled before.
  • 1. Open the directory containing the accomplished recordings by clicking on the pages button on the DVD Wizard's last page.
    2. Select one of the files named „VIDEO_TS.VOB“ or „VIDEO_TS.IFO“ (or similar) each now by clicking one the right mouse button and selecting "Open with..." at the context menu.
If you have selected another player than the Windows Media Player but the recording is still being displayed by the Windows Media Player, start the Windows Media Player and open the register "File Types" under "Extras | Options". Check that the play-back of .IFO and .VOB files is really disabled and catch up on it if necessary.

<a id='55'></a>:arrow: <b>PRO: How can I determine the software player I want DVR-Studio Pro to use for displaying accomplished recordings?</b>
The file types .VOB and .IFO are used for accomplished recordings. You may check if the processing has been successfully done by clicking on the green [Play] button on the DVD Wizard's last page. Therefore however, the option "Burn DVD" on the wizard's first page must have been enabled before.
  • 1. Open the directory containing the accomplished recordings by clicking on the pages button on the DVD Wizard's last page.
    2. Select one of the files named „VIDEO_TS.VOB“ or „VIDEO_TS.IFO“ (or similar) each now by clicking one the right mouse button and selecting "Open with..." at the context menu.
If you have selected another player than the Windows Media Player but the recording is still being displayed by the Windows Media Player, start the Windows Media Player and open the register "File Types" under "Extras | Options". Check that the play-back of .IFO and .VOB files is really disabled and catch up on it if necessary.

<a id='500'></a>:arrow: <b>PRO: I always get the error message "Could not open device".</b>
This happens if no ASPI driver is installed. You can check the existance of wnaspi32.dll in C:\WindowsSystem32 or C:\WindowsSystem.
You can download an ASPI driver at Adaptec: <a href="http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/support/sc ... ASPI-4.70/" target="_blank">Download</a>
Dieser Fehler entsteht, wenn keine ASPI-Schnittstelle installiert ist. Dies lässt sich daran erkennen, wenn die Datei wnaspi32.dll weder im Verzeichnis C:WindowsSystem32 noch unter C:WindowsSystem zu finden ist. Sie können entweder unter "Ansicht | Einstellungen... | DVD-Brenner" auf eine der anderen Brennerschnittstellen umschalten oder bei der Firma Adaptec ein ASPI-Interface herunterladen:
<a href="http://www.adaptec.com/de-DE/support/sc ... ASPI-4.70/" target="_blank">Download</a>

<a id='501'></a>:arrow: <b>PRO: Der eingelegte Rohling wird nicht erkannt.</b>
Versuchen Sie es für einen Test mit einem anderen Rohling-Typ, um zu sehen, ob es mit allen Rohlingen passiert. Nehmen Sie ein Firmware-Update des Brenners vor oder schalten Sie unter "Ansicht | Einstellungen...| DVD-Brenner" auf eine der anderen Brenner-Schnittstellen um.

<a id='502'></a>:arrow: <b>PRO: Der DVD-Brenner wird nicht erkannt.</b>
Nehmen Sie ein Firmware-Update des Brenners vor oder schalten Sie unter "Ansicht | Einstellungen...| DVD-Brenner" auf eine der anderen Brenner-Schnittstellen um.

<a id='503'></a>:arrow: <b>PRO: Nach dem Brennen lässt sich die DVD nicht auf meinem DVD-Player im Wohnzimmer abspielen.</b>
Prüfen Sie als Erstes, ob die DVD auf dem PC abspielbar ist. Falls ja, versuchen Sie es an einem anderen PC. Falls es dort auch funktioniert, versuchen Sie die DVD auf einem anderen DVD-Player, z.B. bei Bekannten abzuspielen.
Falls die DVD nur auf dem PC abspielbar ist, auf dem sie gebrannt wurde, ist der DVD-Brenner dejustiert und muss ersetzt werden. Viele DVD-Brenner dejustieren nach ca. 1 Jahr.
Ist die DVD nur auf PCs lesbar, nicht jedoch auf Hardware-DVD-Playern, so könnte es helfen, die DVD mit einer langsameren Geschwindigkeit zu brennen oder einen anderen Rohling-Typ zu verwenden. Manche ältere DVD-Player haben Probleme beim Abspielen von -RW-Rohlingen, verwenden Sie in diesem Fall +RW-Rohlinge.

<a id='504'></a>:arrow: <b>PRO: Beim Abspielen der DVD zeigen sich mit zunehmender Laufzeit immer mehr grüne Artefakte im Bild.</b>
Prüfen Sie als Erstes, ob die DVD auf dem PC korrekt abspielbar ist. Falls ja, versuchen Sie es an einem anderen PC. Falls es dort auch funktioniert, versuchen Sie die DVD auf einem anderen DVD-Player, z.B. bei Bekannten abzuspielen.
Falls die DVD nur auf dem PC abspielbar ist, auf dem sie gebrannt wurde, ist der DVD-Brenner dejustiert und muss ersetzt werden. Viele DVD-Brenner dejustieren nach ca. 1 Jahr.
Ist die DVD nur auf PCs lesbar, nicht jedoch auf Hardware-DVD-Playern, so könnte es helfen die DVD mit einer langsameren Geschwindigkeit zu brennen oder einen anderen Rohling-Typ zu verwenden. Manche ältere DVD-Player haben Probleme beim Abspielen von -RW-Rohlingen, verwenden Sie in diesem Fall +RW-Rohlinge.

<a id='505'></a>:arrow: <b>PRO: Es wurde nichts auf den Rohling geschrieben (optische Kontrolle).</b>
Nehmen Sie ein Firmware-Update des Brenners vor oder schalten Sie unter "Ansicht | Einstellungen...| DVD-Brenner" auf eine der anderen Brenner-Schnittstellen um.
    Antworten

Zurück zu „FAQs“