Burning huge streams

Public discussion about our DVR-Products. Exchange knowlegde with other users and us.
Antworten
mickyB

Burning huge streams

Beitrag von mickyB » 01.11.2005, 23:40

Any of you have experience burning DVD from big >4GB mpeg streams ?

What will the program do when it can't fit stream into a DVD-R ? :?
DVR-Studio Pro
Humax PVR-8000
Kimi
Programmierer

Beitrag von Kimi » 02.11.2005, 00:02

@mickyB

The software should show an error message or warning in this case. DVR-Studio cannot shrink the resulting DVD-files if this is your question.
mickyB

Beitrag von mickyB » 02.11.2005, 21:21

Thanks for the fast answer.. even if i was not so fast to read :)
Kimi hat geschrieben:DVR-Studio cannot shrink the resulting DVD-files if this is your question.
Yes, that's the question.
Kimi hat geschrieben:The software should show an error message or warning in this case.
Since i've tryed to burn a 5GB .vid files stream into a 4,5GB DVD-R i've seen DVR-Studio trying to generate .vob without any warning... afraid to get a coast (unuseable dvd), i've stopped process.

Ciaoooo
DVR-Studio Pro
Humax PVR-8000
Mikael Hakman

Beitrag von Mikael Hakman » 31.01.2006, 02:10

Kimi hat geschrieben:@mickyB

The software should show an error message or warning in this case. DVR-Studio cannot shrink the resulting DVD-files if this is your question.
What should you do in order to burn 8 GB program into 2 DVD's compatible with common standalone DVD players so that the program starts on 1:st DVD and continues on 2:nd?

Thanks/Mikael
Kimi
Programmierer

Beitrag von Kimi » 31.01.2006, 10:10

@Mikael:
Since i've tryed to burn a 5GB .vid files stream into a 4,5GB DVD-R i've seen DVR-Studio trying to generate .vob without any warning...
Well - it might be that the resulting VOB-Files are smaller than 5 GByte. Most of the time VOB files will be 5-10% smaller than the original recording. And that's the problem: you don't know this before you created the VOBs. After that DVR-Studio Pro checks if everything will fit on the media and show the warning. It's not possible before that.
What should you do in order to burn 8 GB program into 2 DVD's compatible with common standalone DVD players so that the program starts on 1:st DVD and continues on 2:nd?
You would have to do this manually:
1. chose a spot where you want to have the transition
2. defina a cut-start there and the cut-end at the end of the recording
3. Create the first DVD
4. Now remove the cut
5. define a cut from the start to the recording up to the spot you chose
6. create the second DVD
Mikael Hakman

Beitrag von Mikael Hakman » 31.01.2006, 14:27

Kimi hat geschrieben:@Mikael:

You would have to do this manually:
1. chose a spot where you want to have the transition
2. defina a cut-start there and the cut-end at the end of the recording
3. Create the first DVD
4. Now remove the cut
5. define a cut from the start to the recording up to the spot you chose
6. create the second DVD
Many thanks Kim - this sounds simple and easy enough. Maybe in future versions we could get this splitting in one "create DVD" operation? Like an extra box where we could define "split points" alike current "cut" box (including detail preview around split).

/Mikael
Antworten

Zurück zu „DVR-Products“