New Product Request (Well, one can try!) - "DVR-Recode&

Public discussion about our DVR-Products. Exchange knowlegde with other users and us.
Antworten
BizMark

New Product Request (Well, one can try!) - "DVR-Recode&

Beitrag von BizMark » 29.07.2007, 00:20

I mentioned this in relation to another thread, about 544x576 video files, and that these are not recoded as DVR-SP doesn't do this as part of its job. However, have HS ever considered writing a separate program to do this? Like DVR-Compress, it would be an optional additional module to DVR-SP although could also be used standalone.

There ARE other pieces of software that do this, but most of them cost more than DVR-SP does, and also do everything DVR-SP does, but not as easily and not as conveniently.

I would rather not spend what I spent on DVR-SP on another product which, in order to use its resizing capabilities, I would have to use that other programs' cutting, authoring and burning tools. I prefer DVR-SP and that's what I want to stick with!

Hence, the only thing missing in the scenario is what to do with programs transmitted in 344x576. I currently use ConvertXtoDVD for recordings like that, but it's weak in that it doesn't edit, ALWAYS recodes (even when NOT necessary) which takes literally hours, AND de-interlaces everything (which is why DVR-SP is frankly so much better!)

I'm sure HS can come up with a method of picture size correction that DOESN'T do the whole decode/recode thing, by applying some sort of horizontal stretching/interpolation both in the I frames and the difference vectors of the P and B frames?!

Finally of course, would be a warning when choosing 'DVD Wizard' if such a programme that requires this action is currently selected, and running it as part of the Wizard if necessary (or separately).

I would willingly pay for such a module/product.
Kimi
Programmierer

Beitrag von Kimi » 29.07.2007, 12:54

@BizMark:

the resizing process unfortunately cannot be done without full decoding/recoding. As opposed to compress it's not possible to reuse the existing GOP-structure.

Some Time ago I used TMPGEnc to resize my movies. Now I do have DVD-players that can cope with thos strange resolutions.

Have you tried to apply the "Pioneer Fix" or "Add Sequence Display extensions" option in the "Settings" window? That solves the problem for quite some DVD players.
You may have to set the DVD-player to "Pan&Scan" mode, but then it often works.
BizMark

Beitrag von BizMark » 29.07.2007, 20:39

I'm afraid not - neither the Philips (DVD Recorders), Panasonic (Recorder or Player) or Vestech-based DVD players I've tried 544x576 discs on play properly, even with the Display Extension flags set. They all show the picture squashed and double-tiled.
Antworten

Zurück zu „DVR-Products“