How to transfer data from HD connected to PC

Public discussion about our DVR-Products. Exchange knowlegde with other users and us.
Antworten
TeamKP

How to transfer data from HD connected to PC

Beitrag von TeamKP » 13.02.2008, 17:37

What are the steps in transferrind data from HD connected to a PC using the transfer module? I have connected the HDD to a PC, and downloaded the corresponding Medion transfer module as well as DVR-studio package and installed them. When I try to access the HD from DVR-studio, the index display is empty, and the screen does not even show the HD size. Using Winhex I can see that the data is there and PC is able to access it, as the program names are visible there, and the contents of HDD seem to be full of data (my HD is almost full). More specifically, how do I tell the transfer module to access a particular drive that is not supported to by windows (does not have a drive letter assigned to it)?
Kimi
Programmierer

Beitrag von Kimi » 13.02.2008, 18:57

how do I tell the transfer module to access a particular drive that is not supported to by windows (does not have a drive letter assigned to it)?
It isn't neccessary for the transfer module to assign a drive letter. It would damage the data on the disk, as stated during installation of the module.

But - the Medion 2020 is NOT on the list of supported models. So it might very well be that the recording format of that model ist different than the other models on our list.

The problem is that Medion does sell different OEM-brands so the receivers might look similar or be named similar but in fact contain totally different hardware. Until now I didn't know the model 2020 does even exist, so I have no clue if it should be compatible. I suppose it's not.
TeamKP

Beitrag von TeamKP » 15.02.2008, 23:20

The receiver in question is propably a "generic" Korean made receiver sold unter Medion/Vision banner at least in the nordic countries. It may have something to do with brand names opentech, opentel and DMT. And the original model number may be something like 7066CX.

So basically I should see the HDD contents in the transfer module screen if there is "<auto>" setting in the drive selection field? How does the transfer module know not to look for the data from my windows system drive, but instead from this drive that is not visible to windows? When I click the "-..." symbol it appears that the windows system drive is read, not the Medion drive.

I am able to access the contents of the drive using WinHEX. I can see the names of the programs as they appear in the program index of the receiver. So it seems that the connection between PC and the drive is working. Would it be helpful if I send you a part of the HDD data as seen in by WinHex so you could see if the format is recognizeable and supported some of your transfer modules?
Antworten

Zurück zu „DVR-Products“