Problems with TRP files from KAON

Public discussion about our DVR-Products. Exchange knowlegde with other users and us.
Antworten
Tedz

Problems with TRP files from KAON

Beitrag von Tedz » 30.08.2008, 18:00

Hi,

I have tried to convert files from KAON KCF-N620. The file extensions are .pvr and .trp (sometimes .psc and .trp?!?!)

The stream seems to be in the .trp files, while .pvr/.psc are ASCII files with descriptive data, and linking to the .trp file(s)

I can play back the programs with the box, but the copies I have transferred via USB give an error "This file is not a valid DVB transport stream" after processing about 20%. I have even tried of renaming the .trp to .ts, but the error persists. I have also tried opening the .pvr file, with no luck.

I am using DVR Studio Pro 2.10

Any good proposals?

-tedz
Kimi
Programmierer

Beitrag von Kimi » 31.08.2008, 09:41

Normally it should be enough to just oben the TRP-Files. The PVR/PSC-files are of no use to our software.

Have you checked the file size of the TRP files? Sometimes the USB-transfer software of KAON cannot handle special characters in recording titles which results in 0-byte sized files.
Tedz

Beitrag von Tedz » 07.09.2008, 14:57

The files are of "normal" and credible size. The max size for each "segment of longer recordings is 1 917 600 bytes.

I made some more testing today, and the error is as I described before. In other words, the format seems not being recognized.

I do not believe the files are corrupted by the USB copying. On the other hand, could the software version of my box have some impact (if the file format has changed underway). My set-top box reports the following:

Model: KCF-N620H2CO

S/W: V01.01.25

I am afraid, based on information from the Finnish dealer, that the file format has changed from SW version 01.01.26 onwards. And the old format may not be compatible with the new firmware :-(

Could you please check, if there is some kind of conversion or other support available, as I have several quite irreplaceable recordings to take care of?

br Tedz
Kimi
Programmierer

Beitrag von Kimi » 07.09.2008, 16:22

I do not know of any conversion tool. If you send me a sample of a recording I can habe a look. We have a small tool to do this:
http://www.haenlein-software.com/HS/dow ... Sample.zip

4 or 10MByte should be enough.
Kimi
Programmierer

Beitrag von Kimi » 08.09.2008, 09:34

I had a look at your file "TST-Anthony Bourdain_21-08-2008 23'42''.trp".

Indeed this is NOT a transport stream. There is some video and audio data in there but it is organized in a totally different way. It looks like KAON has changed the recording format with software version 01.01.26 - for whatever reason.

I'm afraid but there is no way for us to support this format. For one thing we don't know exactly how it is organized and for the other KAON receivers are only used by a very small minority of our clients, so developing a whole new product doesn't make sense for us.

Maybe KAON is providing a conversion tool or maybe the transfer software can be switched to TS-format?

Anyway we have to remove this device from the list of supported models :(.
Kimi
Programmierer

Beitrag von Kimi » 08.09.2008, 09:43

I found some forum where this issue may be discussed:
http://www.dvdplaza.fi/forums/archive/i ... 52830.html

Unfortunately I don't understand this language - maybe you?
Antworten

Zurück zu „DVR-Products“