DVR Studio HD, PS3 and sound

Public discussion about our DVR-Products. Exchange knowlegde with other users and us.
Antworten
milanroubal

DVR Studio HD, PS3 and sound

Beitrag von milanroubal » 28.09.2009, 13:45

I am using DVR Studio HD to cut and convert the downloaded content from Technisat Digicorder HD S2 into M2TS format stored on the NAS Synology machine to be able to stream it to PS3. Unfortunatelly in most of the cases I don't hear any sound on PS3 due to wrong audio format, that is not supported by PS3. (Nearly everything recorded on the satelite has audio MPEG 1 Layer II). Is there any possibility how to convert directly the choosed audio track to AC3 or at least to call on the result file some postprocessing command ( ffmpeg) to convert the audio in one step?

What about english version of DVR Studio HD, when can I expect it to be ready?
Kimi
Programmierer

Beitrag von Kimi » 28.09.2009, 14:43

Unfortunatelly in most of the cases I don't hear any sound on PS3 due to wrong audio format, that is not supported by PS3. (Nearly everything recorded on the satelite has audio MPEG 1 Layer II).
This ist strange - I have quite a lot of recordings containing MPEG-Audio combined with HD content - and they play very well on the PS3, streamed via Tversity (transcoding is OFF).
I'm using TS instead of M2TS though, because it need a little less space. But some earlier tests with M2TS worked as well.

I believe this is more an issue with the NAS Synology than one of the PS3. Maybe a software update could help.

There is no transcoding-feature planned for our software. The main goal is to provide a lossless conversion of TS and M2TS streams. Transcoding an audio track directly inside a M2TS stream would be a hell of a task to solve anyway... I'm not even sure if this would work without completely rebuilding the stream completely (very time-consuming).
milanroubal

Beitrag von milanroubal » 28.09.2009, 16:26

can you provide some small file example, where audio is in format MPEG 1 Layer II and is wokring for you on PS3 using NAS? It would help me to find out in which exact part of the system the sound is lost.
Kimi
Programmierer

Beitrag von Kimi » 28.09.2009, 16:37

You can use our demo and test recording you can download directly in the software when no project is loaded. Direct link:
http://www.haenlein-software.com/HS/dow ... eo%20SD.ts

The 3rd audio track is mpeg and plays well on the PS3 via Tversity (which is not a NAS, but a UPnP streaming server).

You could also try to copy the file on a USB-stick and play it directly from there. So you can check if the file (and you files of course) play on the PS3. If yes, then the problem is the software in the NAS.
milanroubal

Beitrag von milanroubal » 28.09.2009, 18:45

Thank you for the file, but it has same behaviour runing from upnp NAS server or directly from flash disk, still it has just 2 audio tracks. So when you are sure that it should play on PS3, than I have some problem with setting of PS3. I have there latest firmware available downloaded. I know, that when I extract just the audio from the file and play it on PS3, it is working for me, but not together with video. I will keep trying to change all possible settings in PS3 to see where can be the problem.
milanroubal

Beitrag von milanroubal » 29.09.2009, 11:41

so I have tested it during whole yesterday evening, changing all setting that can somehow affect it, I have also tried to install the Tversity, but I was never able to convince PS3 to show the mentioned MPEG 1 Layer 2 audiotrack in this mentioned file. The sound itself is working as file with video format MPEG 1 and audio in MPEG 1 Layer 2 is PS3 playing without problems. Unfortunatelly also documentation for PS3 is saying, that this are supported formats: http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... types.html

Does anybody know what is the difference between audio format MPEG 1 Layer 2 and MPEG 2 Layer 2? As the second mentioned is marked as supported by m2ts files.

Any additional hint what to try?
Thank you
milanroubal

Beitrag von milanroubal » 01.10.2009, 00:46

new findings: When I use program DVR Studio Pro 2 and choose option create mpeg file, the file is created as .mpg file (MPEG PS format) and audio in format MPEG 1 Layer II is working.
Kimi
Programmierer

Beitrag von Kimi » 01.10.2009, 09:49

We will integrate MPG-Export in one of the later Versions of DVR-Studio HD as well. But I can't tell you excactly when.
Antworten

Zurück zu „DVR-Products“