Disappearing audio track

Public discussion about our DVR-Products. Exchange knowlegde with other users and us.
Antworten
Saturnus

Disappearing audio track

Beitrag von Saturnus » 03.04.2010, 18:34

Hello!
I have been using DVR-Studio Pro 2.15 successfully in a Windows Vista environment for about a year now. However, a couple of times I have had problems with audio tracks that disappear during demuxing.
The log file says: "audio track disabled because it was empty". But the audio track is not empty! It works perfectly well on the digital receiver and also in the DVR-Studio Pro preview window. The audio track is present during the whole timeline between the cut marks. Error scan shows nothing wrong with the audio track. Changing the audio settings does not help.
What is wrong? And how can I fix it?
I really need to get this recording on DVD!

Saturnus
Sascha
Programmierer

Beitrag von Sascha » 04.04.2010, 13:46

Hi,
could you please try to export your recording within DVR-Studio HD?
Export it as TS or M2TS and check whether the audio is available. Use e.g. VLC Player to view it and check all audio streams.

In each case make a support request (Help menu of DVR-Studio HD) and add a sample file (you will see within the dialog)
Then we can have a look at it.

Kind regards
Sascha, Haenlein-Software
Saturnus

Beitrag von Saturnus » 04.04.2010, 22:23

Thank you for your swift reply!
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, however.
I am using DVR-Studio Pro 2, not DVR-Studio HD. I have exported the recording as TS and played it on the Video Player. The audio track does not show, which is exactly the problem!
Are you suggesting that I download the trial version of DVR-Studio HD and test the recording on that?
I can do that, but it will take some time.
Still. I would like it to work on the DVR-Studio Pro 2, since I have paid for that and it usually works fine.

Regards,

Saturnus
Sascha
Programmierer

Beitrag von Sascha » 06.04.2010, 08:22

Yes you understand correctly. Please download the trial version of DVR-Studio HD.
Of cause we will try to fix the problem for Pro. But if it works on Studio HD we can have a look at the differences between both software. Further the mentioned support request is an efficient way to get to know the problem.

If you haven't used Studio HD so far you should try it anyway…
It has a better error analysis and commercial break detection. Moreover it has an internal player to view the recording directly. Even fullscreen.

In about 3 weeks we will provide Studio HD 2 which will have the full authoring part as well. Means menu editor and burning of DVD and BluRay will be possible too.

But this is just for your information.

We are waiting for your result and support request.
Beside the error description refer to this thread as well please.

Kind regards
Sascha, Haenlein-Software
Saturnus

Beitrag von Saturnus » 06.04.2010, 10:52

Thank you, Sascha, for your kind reply!
I will try the Studio HD and get back to you later.

Kind regards

Saturnus
Antworten

Zurück zu „DVR-Products“