No audio when creating Blu-Ray

Public discussion about our DVR-Products. Exchange knowlegde with other users and us.
Antworten
Anthony

No audio when creating Blu-Ray

Beitrag von Anthony » 13.07.2013, 17:33

I attempted to burn an unencrypted HD .TS recording from my Humax HDR-Fox T2 PVR to a Blu-Ray using HDR-Studio HD. The result was a Blu-Ray that was playable but had no audio. It seems that HDR-Studio HD decided that the audio format of the .ST file was "not allowed" on Blu-Ray and didn't include the audio tracks.

The recording was from BBC One HD in the UK and was an unencrypted .TS file which is playable in VLC. Is there any way to create a Blu-Ray with audio from a UK HD recording in HDR-Studio HD?

I am using the full version of DVR-Studio HD 2.25.2
Sascha
Programmierer

Re: No audio when creating Blu-Ray

Beitrag von Sascha » 15.07.2013, 08:33

I guess the audio layer being available was an mpeg2 stream.
The blu-ray doesn't allow those. Commonly AC3 is provided by TV channels but not always.

You can have a try with DVR-Studio HD3.
We added a Dolby license, which allows us converting an mpeg2 audio to AC3. This will automatically be done when creating a BD with only mpeg2 audio being available.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Sascha, Haenlein-Software
Anthony

Beitrag von Anthony » 15.07.2013, 23:18

Hi, thanks for your reply. You are correct, the audio was MPEG2 format. I didn't realise that wasn't compatible with Blu-Ray.

I have just tried the demo version of DVR-Studio HD 3, but with the same result. The output said it had converted the audio to AC3, but the Blu-Ray was silent. If I tried putting an SD recording (also with MPEG2 audio) on the disc as well, the audio worked on the SD video, but not the HD video.

An I out of luck with this file?
Sascha
Programmierer

Beitrag von Sascha » 17.07.2013, 09:58

try to create a support request with DVR-Studio HD 3 (HD Logo > Help > Support request).
Attach a sample file (related recording) with 50 MB file size.
we will have a look at it and your logs which will be attached automatically.

Please refer to that post within your request.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Sascha, Haenlein-Software
Anthony

Beitrag von Anthony » 18.07.2013, 20:50

Thank you, I have sent the support request as you suggested.

VLC reports the audio codec of the recording as "MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)". DVR-Studio HD 3 showed the messages "error search not or only partly done" and "no Dolby Digital sound (AC-3)" before the Blu-Ray was created.

DVR-Studio HD 3 looks great by the way. If I can get this working I will be paying to upgrade from DVR-Studio HD 2.
Tobias
Programmierer

Beitrag von Tobias » 23.07.2013, 09:50

Hi Anthony,

currently we can not decode AAC audio tracks. So we can't convert them to AC3.
AAC is not allowed on BD, too.

You have to convert this track with an external program.

We have already an AAC decoder from MainConcept but currently no plans/time to implement this function into HD3.
MfG
Tobias
Anthony

Beitrag von Anthony » 31.07.2013, 19:53

Thanks for letting me know. It looks like all UK terrestrial HD channels use AAC as the audio unfortunately. If anyone knows of a simple way to convert .TS files to AC3 audio so they can be used in DVR-Studio HD, I'd be interested to hear!
Antworten

Zurück zu „DVR-Products“