dvr-studiopro.exe infected with virus?

Rückmeldungen und Lösungen zu Blockaden durch den Scanner. Lösungshinweise.
Antworten
Ant2011

dvr-studiopro.exe infected with virus?

Beitrag von Ant2011 » 29.10.2011, 17:20

Since the 3rd of October 2011 My antivirus software (McAfee SecurityCenter) has begun deleting dvr-studiopro.exe, informing me it is infected with the trojan Artemis!08C740FD658D. I have tried uninstalling DVR-Studio Pro, re-downloading the installer from this website and reinstalling it, but McAfee always deletes the file during the install showing the same virus detection message. A full scan shows no other problems on my system. Regular updates to McAfee since the 3rd have made no difference.

Do we have a virus problem here or is this a false positive? I can no longer run DVR-Studio Pro as a result of this, but am reluctant to exclude this file from virus scans in case it really is infected.

This is a licensed version of DVR-Studio Pro 2.20.
Ant2011

Re: dvr-studiopro.exe infected with virus?

Beitrag von Ant2011 » 30.10.2011, 14:02

OK, so MalwareBytes Anti-Malware shows the file to be clean. I have reported it to McAfee as a false positive - hopefully they will fix their definitions so I can run this software again without McAfee constantly deleting the exe!
Sascha
Programmierer

Re: dvr-studiopro.exe infected with virus?

Beitrag von Sascha » 31.10.2011, 09:59

Thanks for sending a false positive report to McAfee.
It is a strange thing because we didn't modify the application since march this year.
Sometimes we think these anti virus tools just make a report to show there customers - hey I found something!
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Sascha, Haenlein-Software
Antworten

Zurück zu „McAffee“