What does this message mean?

Public discussion about our DVR-Products. Exchange knowlegde with other users and us.
Antworten
youngbaz

What does this message mean?

Beitrag von youngbaz » 14.12.2007, 18:28

Several times recently I have had the following message come up onscreen when using the DVD wizard:

"Warning: long, not DVD compatible GOP detected"

What does this mean? What are the implications? What can I / should I do about it?

I don't know of this is relevant to the message, but I have had a couple of instances recently where the message above appears, the DVD appears to complete OK and self-ejects with message : 'Completed' (or similar!) but then the DVD won't play either in my PC or on DVD player - the software just seems to hang up.

Any ideas, please?

Barry
Ralf
Inhaber HS

Beitrag von Ralf » 14.12.2007, 18:33

Hello youngbaz,

this is only a information for you. If your DVD player has no problems with such DVDs you can forget this message.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ralf

Gehe zu Facebook...
Über ein “Like” würden wir uns sehr freuen.
Bild
youngbaz

Beitrag von youngbaz » 14.12.2007, 18:50

Ralf hat geschrieben:If your DVD player has no problems with such DVDs you can forget this message.
Golly, that was a fast response - very impressive.

Trouble is, as I said in my original post, the DVD player does seem to be having a problem playing the DVD concerned - have tried various playing software on my PC, but no joy.

I'm using version 1.75. I've also tried switching from my usual media to a RW to see if that fixed it (apart from not wanting to keep wasting blanks of course) - but it doesn't.

Barry
Kimi
Programmierer

Beitrag von Kimi » 14.12.2007, 21:51

This message is just a warning and most of the time doesn't cause any trouble. You can do nothing about at as this GOP are included in the video stream and as we do not change anything in video data it stays that way. Details you find in the online help (press F1 when the message appears).

If the dvd doesn't play normally this is a different problem. The above message would cause a dvd player to skip or distort the video, but it would play.

Did you configure a menu on the dvd? At least the menu should show up as that has nothing to do with the video itself.
youngbaz

Beitrag von youngbaz » 14.12.2007, 22:00

Kimi hat geschrieben: Did you configure a menu on the dvd? At least the menu should show up as that has nothing to do with the video itself.
Yes I did set up a menu. In one case there were three separate 'tracks', in the other, two. These are showing up on the screen (say, Windows Media PLayer) as Title 1, Title 2 etc. But it takes an extremely long time for the initial screen to load after inserting the media, and clicking on Title 1 seems to make the software freeze. I do not see, with these problem recordings, the customized menu I set up in your software eg the BMP pics and title names. This doesn't happen with all the DVDs I've recorded, but has with the last 2-3.

I tried using your software to transform a rather shorter .ts file (a film clip of about half an hour) and this still seems to work OK.

Barry
Kimi
Programmierer

Beitrag von Kimi » 14.12.2007, 22:42

Then I would presume a problem related to one special tv service only. Are all the recordings cause trouble from the same tv-channel?
Antworten

Zurück zu „DVR-Products“