DVR Provider 3 as a media server / media center "DVR Provider" for Oppo, Chinoppo and cineUltra

Public discussion about our DVR-Products. Exchange knowlegde with other users and us.
Antworten
Bopin

DVR Provider 3 as a media server / media center "DVR Provider" for Oppo, Chinoppo and cineUltra

Beitrag von Bopin » 22.01.2021, 10:51

Hello Ralf
Maybe you can also link my PDF tutorial here?
You have made a lot of videos, but with me a lot of questions remained open.
Desahlb I have written it times as a PDF instruction together and sent you.

The DVR-Provider 3 is now a simple media server/media center (SMB/UPnP) to play movies and TV series on the Oppo 203, 205 and Chinoppo (clones M9702, M9201, M9203, M9205), cineUltra V203 /V204).
It is an easy alternative for me to play exactly the movie I want from a movie poster overview without cumbersome scripting and without cumbersome maintenance of favorites on the Oppo 203, 205 and Chinoppo (clones M9702, M9201, M9203, M9205), cineUltra V203 /V204).
With the DVR-Provider 3 movies/series from local sources or from network sources can be played. The DVR-Provider 3 is able to handle video files, ISO images or DVD, Blu-Ray discs.

DVR-Provider 3 only needs to be installed on a Windows OS (7,8, or 10). Net-Framework 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5 is also required.
However, the hardware must at least meet these requirements Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, RAM > 1GB, resolution min. 1024x768.
Even a current Raspberry Pi would probably be sufficient.

Nothing needs to be installed on cell phone, tablet or TV.

The operation of the DVR provider is as follows:
In the local home network, on the cell phone, tablet or on the TV start a web browser, e.g.: Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Edge and access the DVR provider website via the local IP address:81. Log in here with the desired user account.
Select a movie from the media poster overview. Press the play button on the right. Now click on the desired player, here e.g. the Oppo UDP-203.

Then switch the TV/beamer to the correct HDMI port, through which the signal is sent from the Oppo to the TV/beamer.

If it is a video file, then the movie will start automatically on the Oppo.
If it is an ISO image, then the ISO image will be mounted and shared automatically.
Only for ISO images, via the user interface on the Oppo 203, 205 and Chinoppo (clones M9702, M9201, M9203, M9205), cineUltra V203 /V204), navigate via Network > SMB share (SMB icon) > Video > to DVR provider share-1 and confirm with the OK button.

The playback from the ISO image movie starts now on the Oppo.

The further operation is now done normally via the remote control of the Oppo.

To start another movie, select again a movie from the media poster overview on the cell phone, tablet or on the TV. Press the play button on the right. Now click on the desired player, here the Oppo UDP-203. Via the user interface on the Oppo, navigate via Network > SMB Share (SMB icon) > Video > to DVR Provider Share-1 and confirm with the OK button. Playback from the next ISO image movie will now start on the Oppo.
If the DVR-Provider on Windows-OS is terminated, then also always the mount of ISO-Image is terminated. For ISO images to be shared (played) on the network, admin rights must be allowed (as an option).
Using the task scheduler in the current Windows 10, you can easily adjust the UAC query for the program and at the same time activate the automatic start. Thus, the program can start automatically when the "Media PC" starts and the website is always immediately available.

Conclusion
Advantages for me are: DE, EN and other languages available, very easy to set up, user account management with parental control, many support videos (in DE) on how to use and configure the Media-Center
Disadvantages are for me: Shareware, software only available for Windows, Scraper uses online only "The Movie Database (TMDb)".

kind regards
Bopin
Antworten

Zurück zu „DVR-Products“